Labor Day and End of Summer Family Fun Things To Do Around Chester County and the Philadelphia Main Line Pa
Labor Day September 5, 2011 – It’s hard to believe that we’re already thinking about Labor Day. Multiple heat waves made this Summer seem all too short as we hop scotched from air conditioned homes to air conditioned cars, work places and home again. Soon, the mass exodus from the New Jersey Shore will begin.
Here’s some fun things to do in and around the Philadelphia Main Line Area and Chester County Pennsylvania:
- Tyler Arboretum in Media- Tree House Festival- features kids tree climbing and craft activities 8/6/11 from 11-3pm
- Longwood Gardens – Fireworks and Fountains August 13th and Labor Day September 3, 2011. Dancing fountains and music make these the most spectacular fireworks in the burbs. Probably not for the kids and ALL their friends due to the admission price, but The Indoor Children’s Garden is included in general admission. It will delight your children and you with 17 fun Artisan Fountains like the “Drooling Dragon”. The Bee Amazed Children’s Garden and Castle Tree Houses combine to make a family fun day at Longwood Gardens in Delaware County.
- Linvilla Orchards Peach Festival 8/4/2011-Media, Delaware County, Pa Peach Pies, Puppets, pick up local peaches PLUS a cooking demonstration!
- Ludwigs Corner Horse Show and Country Fair, 2011 – September 3rd, 4th and 5th, 2011. This Chester County Fair is a local winner for some Labor Day Weekend Fun; Horse Show, Rides, Games, Crafts and Shopping on the Midway. What’s not to like?
- The Annual Kutztown Fair August 15 – August 20, 2011 A bit of a drive but this Fair has a 145 year tradition and offers numerous family fun opportunities.
- The Colonial Theater in Phoenixville is a happenin place from Documentary and Cult Cinema to TEDxPhoenixville, to Teen and Children’s Theater- August 9, at 10:30am the Balloon Freak, John Cassidy, seen on the Today Show and Martha Stuart will entertain the little ones. Exciting fun and some relief from the heat and end of Summer, “I’m Bored” comments.
- Swingin Summer Fun in the Boro of West Chester, where there’s always something going on. Still a few Thursdays left in August for you to enjoy. Wraps up September 1, 2011 6:30-9:30pm on Gay Street.
- Washington Memorial Chapel – The Carillon Concert Series, performed in Historic Valley Forge National Park at the Washington Memorial Chapel every Wednesday evening at 7:30pm during July and August. The concerts are free. Bring a chair or blanket. Refreshments are available at the Chapel Cabin Shop.