So here we are at another day of clouds and drizzle, not our most auspicious weather for those who have asked me to photograph their listings. However, since almost every cloud has a silver lining, it’s a great day to talk a little about Staging for Real Estate Photography and share my favorite 21 Tips For Real Estate Photography.
These are some of my best tips to guarantee that you have an awesome photo shoot for your real estate listing.
My 21 Tips To Prepare Your Home For Your Real Estate Photo Shoot are divided into Exterior and Interior Photography Tips.
Exterior Real Estate Photo Tips:
- All cars need to be in the garage with doors closed. No parked cars in front of the house.
- Remove trash cans, garden tools, hoses and sprinklers.
- Sweep driveways, patios and sidewalks.
- Put Deck/Patio umbrellas up in season and remove barbeque covers.
- Pool Equipment out of the pool and out of sight.
- All windows closed and blinds set to the same height, usually half mast is best.
- Mow the lawn, clean up yard debris, store mower out of sight.
- Bushes and trees trimmed to show a clear view of the house.
- Enhance curb appeal with a front door wreath, pots of greenery or flowers.
Interior Real Estate Photo Tips:
- All interior lights on; replace non-working bulbs.
- Clear off counter tops in kitchens and bathrooms, removing tissue boxes, soap containers and paper towels.
- A bowl of apples, oranges and lemons gives a nice touch of color to the kitchen table.
- Turn on fireplace in season if possible.
- Remove notes pictures and magnets from refrigerators.
- Turn off ceiling fans and televisions.
- Put away any evidence of “work” including buckets, trash cans, sponges, soap bottles and cleaning cloths
- Remove newspapers and stacks of magazines.
- Windows and mirrors clean and streak free.
- Carpets vacumed and hard wood floors polished.
- Beds freshly made; freshly folded towels in bathrooms.
- De-clutter and de-personalize so your buyer can imagine themselves in their new home!
Bonus: Real Esatate Photography Tip #22 - Contact me, JP Real Estate Photography, 484-431-7195. I love “Making You Look Good”!